|Multilingual International Business Intelligence Specialist with experience and success in international competitive intelligence and market strategy consulting for Fortune 500 companies in Asia, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and the Americas. Proven track record of winning proposals, leading multinational teams, and effectively interfacing with senior executives as well as high-ranking government officials. Master’s Degree in International Affairs. Fluent in English and German (native tongue), intermediate French, research ability in Spanish, and basic knowledge of Thai. US Permanent Resident.|
|SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
|--Competitive Intelligence |
-- White Papers
GMD Solutions, Inc., Alexandria, VA (2012-present)
Director of Research Provide strategic consulting for international clients on processes to gain U.S. government contracts. Conduct market research to identify business development opportunities for our clients and assist them with preparing winning proposals.
* Oversee major proposal effort for a medical company to gain a multi-million dollar GSA contract with the US government.
* Recommend business development strategies to various clients and support proposal initiatives to improve their succes rate in gaining indefinite quantity government contracts.
HEDGECHECK LLC, Bowie, MD (2010-present)
Director of International Research (2010-2011)
Independent Contractor in charge of International Assignments (Present)
Deliver background investigation and due diligence on companies and individuals worldwide for international financial clients. Provide intelligence on potential new clients, new executives, or investment opportunities, using a variety of databases as well as a creative mix of multi-lingual online resources to confirm and verify information provided on the subject. Manage a team of up to 12 researchers.
* Increased profit margin by an average of 50% per project by providing in-house research services on international targets, saving cost of outsourcing and reducing report delivery time from several weeks to several days.
* Received recognition and praise for yielding results that other researchers and in-country sources overlooked.
* Delivered more than 100 reports on targets from South and Latin America, Europe, Australia, and Asia.
SMITH BRANDON INTERNATIONAL, INC., Washington, DC (2002-2010)
Directed multinational teams and resources in all project phases as project manager for clients in the hospitality, gaming/entertainment, engineering, petroleum, food services, consumer products, pharmaceuticals, power, financial, construction, real estate, and legal industries. Delivered international due diligence, competitive intelligence, and international strategic management consulting services for Fortune 500 clients, private companies, and governments worldwide. Gathered intelligence from a variety of sources and provided succinct reports for clients' strategic planning. Generated assessment reports on political, economic and corporate security issues related to international operations of U.S. corporations operating in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, and South America.
* Increased annual turnover by 25% to over $1 million USD by preparing business intelligence and international market research reports.
* Delivered background investigations on potential new employees and business associates of client companies in more than 65 countries, personally receiving praise from clients for top results, detailed explanations, and high quality of reports submitted.
* Composed more than 50 country risk assessments for a U.S. $3 billion engineering and energy company operating on five continents and supported preparation of contingency plans to protect expatriate employees in the event of political or ecological emergencies.
BASEX, INC., New York, NY (2000-2001)
Conducted industry case studies and authored white papers on information technology topics. Evaluated market trends for new technological equipment and IT services based on extensive research and personal interviews with market leaders and intended consumers. Analyzed current events and composed weekly opinions as well as news digests for subscribers.
* Launched web hosting business domain, which became 20% of company's research product offerings.
* Conducted and published original research on market size and opportunities for ASP service providers in Europe. The report is still for sale on the company website.
NATHAN ASSOCIATES, INC., Arlington, VA (1998-2000)
Provided technical assistance, economic impact analysis, and economic policy advisory services to developing country governments and the private sector. Led internal teams for proposal preparation. Coordinated conferences and events related to international government contracts. Supported expert teams during overseas consulting assignments and aided them in research and presentation of results to senior executives and senior government officials. Authored research and market analysis reports.
* Interviewed EU officials in Brussels to document programs of assistance relevant to Cyprus before and after EU accession as well as high-ranking Cypriot government officials on their perspective of benefits to be gained from EU membership.
* Served as project director for follow-up Cyprus project, organizing and facilitating session with international and Cypriot economic experts to discuss future cooperation opportunities between the two communities. Results of study and focus group session were used in UN-sponsored negotiations for settlement of the Cyprus Problem in 2004.
* Functioned as proposal director for an ADB-funded, $1 million USD technical assistance project with the government of Thailand; the project was awarded in 2000.
* Co-authored the "Guide to WTO-related Technical Assistance Resources for Sub-Saharan Africa," interviewing 25 bilateral, multinational, and regional donor organizations, and describing their WTO-related technical assistance programs.
* Organized and facilitated a symposium for 45 trade ministers and senior trade officials of sub-Saharan Africa in Seattle in November 1999 prior to the Third WTO Ministerial.
* Delivered a report on macroeconomic conditions in Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, and Bolivia as part of a business strategy and financing study for a private client in the telecommunications sector in Chile.
* Performed research and data analysis for a port study requested by the Ministry of Trade of Egypt to evaluate Egypt's competitiveness in freight costs for exports compared to neighboring Mediterranean and Middle East countries as part of a team effort.
* Provided economic/market analysis and compiled questionnaire data in connection with a steel industry case brought before the U.S. International Trade Commission.
* Organized and arranged for a USAID-funded coupling of high-level government officials of the Department of Finance for the Republic of South Africa with capital budget experts at the U.S. federal, state, and municipal government.
Additional Work Experience
WINTERGREEN RESORT, Wintergreen, VA (2004-present)
Certified Ski Patroller
Assist VP, Resort Operations and Director of Ski Patrol in supervising mountain operations, including ski patrol, lift operations, slope safety, mountain hosts, and mountain hospitality services. Promote guest and staff safety, ensure customer satisfaction, and help injured guests.
* Provide slope safety analysis and assist Ski Patrol Director in Operations Management.
* Responsible for preparation and organization of emergency preparedness and first aid staffing for a competitive event involving more than 17,000 participants. Liaison between Ski Patrol and Event Incident Commander, ensuring seamless interaction between various safety agencies. Managed 50 patrollers during event, resulting in praise for excellent service and exemplary interaction between Patrol and local Rescue Agency.
* Received numerous local and regional awards in recognition of my contribution to quality assurance of Patrol activities and training, including Southern Division Instructor of the Year, Wintergreen Patroller of the Year, Wintergreen Instructor of the Year, Southern Division Patroller of the Year (Runner-Up), and Wintergreen Candidate of the Year.
|THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, Washington, DC |
Master of Arts in International Affairs
UNIVERSITY OF HULL, Hull, United Kingdom
Bachelor of Arts in Southeast Asian Studies/Marketing Management
UNIVERSITAET PASSAU, Passau, Germany
Undergraduate studies in International Business and Cultural Studies
|- Wintergreen Ski Patrol / National Ski Patrol: Certified Ski Patroller |
- Professional Ski Instructors of America: Level II Ski Instructor